None of us Greensprings founders ever imagined, a little over a decade ago, that a natural cemetery startup was on our bucket list. My enthusiasm for the concept is largely due to my complete astonishment that my life even took this turn.
Natural burial in a nutshell—
- simple, biodegradable shrouds or coffins
- natural stone markers, flush to the earth
- hold the embalming fluid—ditto with the concrete vaults
- the look and feel of a nature preserve
- a place of solace and beauty
—simple, affordable, and respectful of the human spirit.