None of us Greensprings founders ever imagined, before the turn of the century, that a natural cemetery startup was on our bucket list. My enthusiasm for the concept is largely due to my complete astonishment that my life even took this turn.
Natural burial at Greensprings in a nutshell—
- simple, biodegradable shrouds or coffins
- natural stone markers, flush to the earth
- hold the embalming fluid—ditto with the concrete vaults
- the look and feel of a nature preserve (and someday, should the gods smile, a preserve protected by a conservation easement)
- a place of solace and beauty for generations to come
—simple, affordable, and respectful of the human spirit.